Friday, February 20, 2009

Paper and Panel at Life, the Universe & Everything Symposium

Yesterday I presented my paper at the Life, the Universe & Everything Symposium on science fiction and fantasy at Brigham Young University. The title of the paper is "Cinefantastique to Theofantastique: Fantastic Cinema and Interreligious Dialogue." In the paper I bring together various facets of an argument and conclude by suggesting that science fiction and fantasy films can serve as a venue for interreligious dialogue. Tomorrow I will be part of a panel discussion at the symposium with the title of "Science Fiction as Ambassador." Copies of my paper are available by email upon request.


James F. McGrath said...

Sounds interesting - I'd love to read a copy at some point!

Seth R. said...

I think I'd like a copy too.

John W. Morehead said...

I'd be happy to send one along, Seth. Send me your email address at and I'll get one to you. Thanks for the mention of this in your blogging.