Monday, January 28, 2008

The Passing of LDS President Gordon B. Hinckley

This morning before I had a chance to turn on the television for the national and local news my wife gave me a call on her way to work to let me know that Gordon B. Hinckley, President and Prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, had passed away at the age of 97. The Church's official news coverage on this event can be found here.

I offer my sincere condolences and well wishes to my LDS friends and contacts. I also hope the best for the leadership of the LDS Church over the next few days as they prepare to confirm the new President and Prophet. Hinckley did a service for the Mormon community in his support of dialogue between Evangelicals and Latter-day Saints, and it is my hope and prayer that Hinckley's successor will also support this important process.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First I heard of this. Local news has been quiet.